The Juggling Nomad

Friday, June 22, 2007

Back in the Motherland

Well first off, my 4 weeks in China were great. I played in two frisbee tourneys, hung out in Beijing for a week, hiked the tiger leaping gorge and saw hemp grow in the wild alongside some stunning scenery.

Chinese food is sooooooooooooooooooooo delicious, and I was lucky enough to have some chinese freinds, or chinese speaking friends guide me to most of the treasures.

My chinese vacation ended in Shanghai with their sweet frisbee tourney last weekend. It was tons of fun and great to see my friends from Korea and all over Asia that I've met at previous tourneys.

Our team, the Damn Kids, went 7-1 and won the B pool, but we should've won that 1 crossover game to get into A. Damn you Sunday early morning games!!!

Now I'm back in Canada chilling with my good buddy Brando. After 3 years, its really nice to reconnect. Some things I've noticed in Canada so far
  • Grass smells sooooooooooooooooo good and its everywhere!
  • Customer Service - its everywhere! People are over-helpful.
  • Piercings- Holy shit, everyone and their dog has one. The styles blow my mind. I forgot all about individualism
  • Fat people do exist. Lots of them. Actually China surprised me by having quite a few too.
  • Shit is EXPENSIVE here. 4 beers cost $30 with tip. Boooo tip. Booooo tax.
  • There is soooooo much space, people have these things called "yards" which is like an extension of their house. AND it has GRASS
Alright I got to go the Brando's backyard and attempt to assemble a tent. We are going camping this weekend in possible rain. Its ok cuz we got lots and lots of beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home