The Juggling Nomad

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

AWESOME WEEKEND

I had such a great weekend. On Saturday I ran around getting ready for the fundraiser we had here at Mike's Cabin in Shinchon. It is a new bar that a friend from Ultimate Frisbee recently opened. There were about 7 musicians that entertained the crowd all night. The place was packed, busier than its ever been. I worked the door to make sure everyone paid there $5 donation to Rainbow House, the orphanage I have close ties with in Cambodia. We also did a raffle for a DVD player (random guy won), bottle of Jack (Tori took it as a birthday gift!) and gift certificate to INDIGO restaurant (went to Gobbles but the certificate went missing during the draw:<. Also there was a peanut estimating contest. Here was the riddle on the massive jar of peanuts:

How many peanuts in ths jar?
Can you outguess everyone in this bar?
Buried inside is a SWEET treasure,
with which you can SHARE the VARIETY of pleasure.

There were 494 Peanuts. Coop the bachelor scribbled his last second guess of 491 peanuts as I was walking to the stage. What a champion that guy is. He was also the winner of $20 worth of jelly bellies inside. Appreciate wit now. Also, Cheers to Jon Dart who drunkinly and unknowingly guessed that jelly bellies were inside. Sorry for not drinking that beer you bought me Jonny, but you should learn not to buy me garbage beer no matter how cheap it is.

Nevertheless, when all was said and done, we raised $1180 (US) for Rainbow House!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A great time was had by all. It was so nice to see so many friends from the recent to those from when I first came here.

You see, this is a great last week in Korea for me because my friends Coop and Hee Yung and getting married this weekend. Therefor tons of people are sticking around, visiting, or coming out of the woodwork for this momentous occasion. I'm stoked for the wedding and accompanying Ulty tourney the day after.

On Sunday we had a great day of Ultimate in beautiful plus 10 weather. And I wasn't hungover! Just tired from only 3 hours sleep.

Monday was Christmas. The Superbowl. It was awesome watching it with buddies who care about football too. I'm happy for Peyton and the Colts, its about time they won one. What a roller coaster sloppy game though. Modestly I must comment that I extended my Superbowl betting streak to two years! Thanks Jacob for the e-man-won. Cooper was too scared to bet more than a chunner ($1) after last years loss. Also, my sister has mentioned that next year may be the year she fulfills he promise of taking me to one Superbowl. How amaaaaaazing would that be? Thats like Christmas times 10.

AND Today my buddy John Ross let me take his motorbike out for a cruise all day. It was a beautiful 11 degrees, perfect riding weather. We are working on putting together a video of Motorbiking Seoul, since the last one I made crashed on Damien's hard drive. That sucked sooooooo much, but its all good cuz I'm gonna make a better one now. Stay tuned for that. I will complete it when I'm in China later this month.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the raising of $1180... that is going to be a great help I am sure for the children. I am glad you are having a great time there. 11 degrees is good riding weather? Whew.. It sounds cold! Here that seems warm this week... we have been seeing -9 degrees with school closings. haha! Gotta love Pittsburgh. Enjoy your 11 degrees.

Shauna

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its true, I am probably the only one who reads Craig's blog! Ahh that is what sisters are for! We dont want Craig to think no one reads his blog!!!

Corrine

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home