The Juggling Nomad

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

















A Typical Day of Hiking in Korea


That was exactly nothing like what Tahl and I had today. You see today was the first time I've been hiking mid-week out of season. There was actually about 30 minutes where we didn't see another hiker. In a country that is 70% mountainous, with 50 million people all contained in an area about as big as the state as Indiana, that is a rare yet SWEET moment.

Go hiking on a weekend and you make "Choo Choo" sounds going up the mountain, pumping your fist in the air. (At least I would). Go hiking on a holiday and dress down, you will stay warm with the plenthora of wind barriers. Go hiking on a holiday weekend and improve your grinding skills for the club.

One thing that was typical about today was that the hikers that were out were in their full hiking gear. How could one hike without a 30 Litre backpack, hiking poles, hat, sunglasses, proper footwear, and your versatile moisture wicking jacket and pants? (OK, I totally stole that last bit of wording from a hiking gear website). After all, think of all the dangers that could occur in the elements of the mountains in Seoul during the 2-5 hour adventure.

Nevertheless, korean hikers are amongst the most generous people in the world. You could pack nothing and be fed, drunk, and get a brand new sturdy low profile brimmed and adjustable closure cap with built in sweatband! HWIGHTING!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about the blogging!!! I have lots of reading to do! Thanx for the email, always puts a smile on my face! You weren't that lame at 18, I had a crush too I was just to stupid to do anything about it...7 years ago, freakin' crazy eh!

Peace out HOMey

Heidi x

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home