The Juggling Nomad

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fast 2006

The last time I did one of these was in high school. Twas the 30 hour famine, and I recall being famished.

Well some buddies were doing this so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I started at 8:30 pm last Thursday, here are some of my thoughts and a humourous Jon Dart's as posted on our Ultimate bulletin board:

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:43 pm

ME:

My last meal was finished around 8:30 last night.
I have a headache, my hunger pangs have been going for 3 hours now, and i often salivate. Nevertheless im going no solid, no juice (if i can). Only water.

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:56 pm

Jon Dart:

Now that I'm not eating it seems like I have a lot more free time! I don't know what to do with myself.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:44 am

ME:

I feel quite awful. Kinda feel like im getting a fever. My headache and stomach pangs havent left me. My stomach feels like its constantly retracting. But Im sort of adjusting to this level of dicomfort. Im peeing alot, that would be all the water.

I cant wait too eat!!!

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:34 am

ME:
Ya thank god thats over. I still feel a little dizzy and lightheaded but my stomach barely hurts anymore.
49 (thank you shophie for the extra 20 minutes pondering the menu)
When I bit my first piece of bread my throat and whole mouth hurt. But the soup and the salad were amazing.

It was hell really, quite remarkable that people go thru that everyday. It puts things in perspective and makes me realize how fortunate I am. I am going to eat now.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home