The Juggling Nomad

Wednesday, June 14, 2006





WORLD CUP!!!!

I've discovered is really awesome when you are somewhere people care about it. Its absolute madness here, every boy, girl, man and woman owns a red devil "Fighting" t-shirt (yet pronounced Highting). The Highting cheer is one of my favs. It isn't so much a cheer as a random shout really, but shit does it get them koreans pumped.

I met my friend Tori at Seoul Plaza to watch Korea's 1st game against Togo last night. I couldnt possibly meet any other friends cuz of the sea of people and inability to use cell phones due to a hundred thousand other lost people. I have never seen so many people in one place in my life. There must have been severeral hundred thousand, all in red, screaming, but not drinking enough in my mind. Although once you had your place there was no moving, no washroom or food runs. I came prepared with a few bottles of soju (korean rice wine, 21 %). That did me in well, kept my cheering and horn blowing strong. After korea won we led the cheers on our jam packed bus home. Today my head hurts from the soju and my eyes hurt from the flashes after tons of koreans asked to take pictures with us whities to celebrate the big win. HIGHTING!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwKfIasZYr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTwVGFNv2w

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home